In the past few months, we have been able to place 1,020 Bibles in students hands, and new relationships being established between the schools and our local churches, giving opportunities to preach the Gospel and followup with Bible lessons. We are getting feedback constantly, but it seems that over 200 students have already responded to the salvation message!
Dear Praying Friends,
What a year! The world changed in 2016. Your family no doubt changed. There are always discouragements – but also many victories (John 16:33).
A few areas where Sherry and I have been blessed in 2016:
- Family. Two new great-grandsons were born into our family! That makes five great-grandchildren, and ten grandchildren – truly “time flies when you’re having fun.”
- Health. Sherry’s health has improved greatly! Thanks so much for your prayers. She is feeling very energetic, and is becoming much more influential in the ministry again.
- New Missionaries. (1) Our grand-daughter, Elisabeth, has been approved as a missionary to Uganda. We are so proud of her! (2) A new single lady missionary has joined our team to oversee the orphan ministries. Please pray for Aleks Stogsdill as she moves to Kenya next month.
Some specific areas of much needed prayer:
- School. Our Christian school’s continuing financial struggles.
- Election. 2017 is an election year in Kenya. There has been terrible violence before and after previous elections. Tribalism is a growing threat to Kenya’s stability.
- Traffic. It might seem like a weird request, but almost every long-term Kenya missionary we know has been involved in a serious road accident. The situation is getting worse. As I wrote this letter, news broke over a tragic crash which claimed 43 lives!
May God bless you and yours with a very Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year!
Jerry & Sherry Daniels
Church planting continues to expand so fast that it’s hard to keep up with what’s happening!! Right now there are at least FIVE major church planting outreaches initiated by our Mt. Kenya Fellowship of Churches. Here is a brief translated exerpt from one of our fine evangelists, John Longisa:
“This month we did evangelism with our team of preachers at Cheptamas, where 19 souls were saved, and 5 baptized on that Sunday. We did a small fund-raising on Saturday for a new church building. One poor Pokot lady made a generous contribution of a goat in this special offering – she had just gotten saved that same week! Praise God! Our team of preachers will be doing evangelism next month at another village called “Kait”, and then I will travel up into the Northern Frontier region, to Baragoi, for evangelism and fellowship with the brethren there.”
By God’s amazing grace, and with your faithful support, we’ve seen great blessings over the most recent 12 month period:
- Salvations – 3,024
- Baptisms – 649
- 5 new churches planted (Current Number of Active Churches – 85)
- 6 Bible Institutes, with total of 474 in leadership training (including local churches’ institutes)
We know that much prayer and sacrificial giving has made this possible, and we don’t take it for granted!
1. BIBLES needed for opportunities in public schools! We have been given exclusive spiritual oversight of two public schools out in remote area, and would have even more opportunities if we had more resources. Right now, we need at least 50 Bibles for each of the schools for which we provide Chaplains. Each Bible is about $7 — so that’s about $700 which is needed right now. We are so thankful that the Bible has not yet been banned in Kenyan schools, and in fact, there are constant requests from school principals for Bibles and other spiritual materials. Thanks for your prayers for these many opportunities to touch young lives with the Gospel!
2. Orphan and Children’s ministries: We’re hoping to build a permanent orphanage where we now have only temporary buildings. Wisdom and provision needed!
3. A young person (or older one!) willing to serve for two years as an orphanage coordinator for a very small stipend — but for many eternal rewards, and an opportunity to make a difference in many children’s lives!
Again, we are so, thankful for prayers!
In God’s amazing grace,